- Betsy Johnson served as a partisan Democrat in Salem for 20+ years and wrote the budget for the past decade.
- Tina Kotek spent 15 years in the legislature and was the longest serving House Speaker in Oregon history.
- Gerrymandered Oregon’s political boundaries, securing single party control in the legislature (SB 881, SB 882, 2021).
In Your Wallet
- Betsy Johnson & Tina Kotek doubled Oregon’s state budget in 10 years from $57.7 billion in 2011 to $112.8 billion in 2021 as the chair of Ways & Means and Speaker of the House (Oregon Legislative Fiscal Office).
- Tina & Betsy reduced Oregonians’ Kicker tax reimbursement (HB 2975, 2019).
- Joined Kate Brown to pass billions in new gas taxes, tolling, increase DMV fees and bicycle taxes (HB 2017, 2017).
- Tina & Betsy supported taxing your baby formula, diapers, prescription drugs, feminine hygiene products, and other essentials (SB 521, 2021 & HB 3446, 2019).
Soft on Crime
- Betsy voted against increasing the number of law enforcement officers (SB 211, 2021).
- Betsy opposed increasing law enforcement pay when responding to riots (SB 547, 2021).
- Tina & Betsy voted to release violent criminals (HB 3508, 2009).
- Betsy & Tina voted to ban any Oregon state officials, including law enforcement, from assisting federal immigration officials in the budget committee, and on the House Floor (HB 3265, 2021).
Anti-Business & Anti-Jobs
- Betsy & Tina passed the $2 billion CAT Tax raising prices on Oregon businesses and families (HB 3427, 2019).
- Tina & Betsy banned plastic bags in grocery stores (HB 2509, 2019).
- Opposed ending Kate Brown’s State of Emergency (SR 2 & HJR 18, 2021).
- Betsy & Tina voted to increase the corporate minimum tax (HB 3405, HB 2649, 2009).
- Together voted in favor of increasing Department of Agriculture and DEQ fees (HB 5003, HB 5018, 2019).
- Both voted to upload Kate Brown’s vaccine passport system (SB 872 & HB3407, 2021).
- Betsy & Tina voted against reopening schools (SB 867 & HB 3399, 2021).
- Tina & Betsy teamed up with Kate Brown to ensure Critical Race Theory is taught in kindergarten (HB 2845, 2017).
- Betsy & Tina voted to oppose school choice and charter schools (SB 659, 2021 & HB 2954 Minority Report, 2021).
Extreme on Abortion
- Betsy served on the Planned Parenthood Board of Directors and Tina is endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
- Both passed the Reproductive Health Equity Act requiring insurance companies to pay for abortions regardless of a patient’s gender or immigration status (SB 3391, 2017).
- Both blocked legislation that would require saving a baby born alive after a failed abortion (SB 586 & HB 2699, 2021).
- Betsy & Tina support raising the age to 21 to purchase firearms, expanding background checks, and red flag laws (Willamette Week, 6/8/22).
- Betsy would enforce a ban on “assault” rifles (KGW, 6/10/22).
- Betsy said she will convene a conversation to ban high-capacity magazines of over 10 rounds (KGW, 6/10/22).
- Tina Kotek passed the most extreme gun law in Oregon, criminalizing responsible gun owners (SB 554, 2021).